For some receiving countries, the Intended Father may have to have a genetic link to the child in order to process citizenship of that country.

Your home country might  issue a second birth certificate and issue the passport with the surrogates name as the legal mother and the genetic fathers name as the legal father.  This is because in some countries (mostly in  Europe) the woman who gives birth to a child is recognised as the legal mother of the child. .

However if the intendend father is  recognised legally as father according his home country’s law, the child gets dual citizenship.

There will also be Delivery Certificate issued, stating the name of the surrogate, the babys name and the Intended fathers name.

If your home country’s law states that the woman who gives birth (Surrogate) is legally the mother of your child

you might need the Delivery Certificate for your embassy paper work . You will also have to check with your embassy if you need the surrogate to attend to the embassy.

Depending on where you are from, the surrogate might have the right to claim maintenance support from you during pregnancy and until she gives up her rights according to your home country’s law. This is even if she has no rights regarding your children based on Mexican law. However transferring rights over is easy if your home country is part of the Hague Convention because Mexico is also a member of this convention.

Only the genetic fathers name with the surrogate are on the birth certificate

Discuss with a lawyer from your home country

Where your home country recognises the surrogate mother as a legal  parent, the surrogate needs to agree in writing that the father may travel alone with the child.

For some nationalities, it may require a few months until the court process can be done transferring your surrogates parental rights completely. As a result, she should be asked to sign a mandate for general power of attorney, so that the Intended father can act alone. This is important if your baby has to go to hospital in your home country.